Bliss: Live It! is part of the "It's Your Story-Tell It!" series.
• A two-part Journey • Part 1 - Girls are encouraged to look at their dreams – where do they see
their lives going, what do they enjoy doing, how are they getting there o Discusses how your values and standards influences your dreams o Women who have accomplished their dreams are profiled o Has information on self-esteem and healthy living including recipes
• Part 2 – Leads girls through the steps of earning the Dream Maker Award o Includes ideas and stories
What do they earn and how do they earn them?
• The Dream Maker Award – the girls understand the bliss they can achieve by helping other with their dreams o There are four steps to completion
o Meet Successful Dreamers – interview others about their dreams o Seek and Select a Dreamer (or Dreamers) – find someone you can
help accomplish their dream o Define the dream – writing a plan to accomplish the dreamer’s
dream o Give It! Gift It! – giving over your plan to your dreamer
Possible Field Trips or Community Partners
• Places related to passions – art museums, theaters • Colleges – how to achieve career related dreams • Professionals in various fields
Additional Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
• Find quiet places to dream – yoga, watching the clouds, meditation • Parts of this Journey might be good in a retreat setting
Other Thoughts or Helpful Hints
• This is written into 10 sample sessions • The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional
programming options • In the Journey section of the Girl Scout website, you will find additional
resources to help you.